Wednesday 13 December 2017

Christmas Lesson (2017 Edition)



The end of term always tempts teachers to go for 'fun' or 'easy' lessons. I remember learning the hard way that students cannot cope with such changes to routine. Doing a quiz or watching a film ends up being harder work that normal teaching. 

I can see why some simply put on a Nativity DVD (but not that one). Tiredness, assessment marking plus the fact students really do need to know the story! However, I always really enjoy teaching the Nativity and try to ensure I have at least two lessons with Key Stage 3 classes to explore it.

I have revamped and reviewed my old resource (I really didn't like the tasks I set even just 2 or 3 years ago). This is not a lesson as such, but a collection of information and tasks that can be adapted, reordered, mixed up. 

Here it is:



Someone suggested that I sell this on TES. I'd much rather you made a donation to Crisis. At the very least, perhaps play this song on YouTube or Spotify - you can also buy for less than a pound via links at the bottom of the page. 


No comments:

Post a Comment